A Special Welcome to Those with Young Children
We are very happy that you are here today! At Trinity we want you to feel at home.
• First, please relax and enjoy your time here. Jesus knows that children tend to wiggle and squawk a bit, so please don’t feel embarrassed by it. Your children are welcome at Trinity.
• To make it a bit easier on your family, please dare to sit toward the front where your children can easily see, note the colors, watch the pastor, and wonder at and embrace the action at the altar. What Jesus does here promises to engage them.
• As we go, softly explain the Liturgy to your children, encouraging them to chime in on their parts: Amen! Lord have mercy! And with your spirit! I believe! Our Father! All of that belongs to them too.
• Be sure to sing and say and pray your parts too as you stand and sit. Your children learn by following your lead.
• If you and your child must leave, please hurry back. We want your children here so much that we didn’t build a nursery. Like Jesus, we want your children in the Liturgy, not out.
• If you need a little help, just ask. There are lots of folks here who will lend you a hand.
Please know that while you are caring for your children, the rest of us will be rejoicing in Jesus’ words, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these” (Luke 18:16).
We know that your children are a gift to the Church, so we will do our best to welcome, smile, encourage, help and bless you all. Welcome to Trinity Lutheran Church!